Answers to Your Questions About Florida Bowfishing Adventures
Answers to many of the most commonly asked questions about our Crystal River bowfishing and inshore fishing charters can be found below.
However, prior to the day of your trip, Capt. Justin will contact you directly with details about the exact starting time and pickup location for adventure. If you have questions at any time, just give us a call at: (352) 651-8886.
- Polarized Sunglasses
- Insect Repellent
- Rain Jacket (if necessary)
- Long Sleeve Shirt
- Snacks and Beverages (cooler/ice provided for your snacks/drinks)
- Any Necessary Medications/Medical Supplies
- Small Cooler/Bag to Bring Your Catch Home
- Positive Attitude & Good Luck
- For Bowfishing Trips, Bringing a Change of Clothes is Advised
(See below for additional items to bring for alligator hunts)
- CITES tags (if you are a tag holder)
- If you are not a tag holder, you must obtain an Alligator Trapping Agent License. Use the links below for more info about alligator permits and to purchase your license online:
- Lightweight black or camouflage long sleeve shirt and pants
- Overnight bag with spare clothing and hygiene products
- There is emergency first aid/injury supplies on the boat, but you will need to bring any required medical supplies (epi pen, meds, etc) because we will be hunting in remote areas.
- Binoculars for daytime hunts
- We provide all harvesting equipment, boat, tags (if you are not a tag holder), transport of gator to the processor, two guides/PH’s (professional hunters)
- For premium hunts we also provide lodging, food, transportation, and GoPro video of hunt.
- Please do not bring coolers on the boat (ice/cooler will be provided but you may want to keep a small cooler in your car to take your cleaned fish home)
- Rods/reels (these are provided)
- Illegal drugs
- Spray sunscreen
- Glass Bottles
- Negative attitudes
- NO GPS DEVICES ALLOWED – they make great artificial reefs!
- Alcohol is allowed, but we ask that you drink responsibly because excessive consumption will limit the activities we can allow on our trips.
Yes! You can keep your catch if it is legal by Florida regulations.
We’ll even clean/filet your fish for you and put them in Ziploc bags to take home. However, we strive to conserve fish in the backcountry and do not over harvest, so we set limits for our trips that will offer you enough fish for a good dinner.
Absolutely! Your Captain works extremely hard to provide guests with the best fishing experiences possible.
Customarily, gratuities for a Captain and crew are 20%+ of the cost of your charter.
If you’re on a charter with us and would like to extend your trip…we’ll be happy to accommodate as long as our booking calendar allows.
Just let your Captain know before returning to the dock!
If it is forecasted to rain or storm most of the day, the trip will likely be cancelled. Your guide will call ahead to discuss further.
During the summer months, there is about 80% chance of small scattered rain showers, and we can usually fish around the storms or run inshore and wait a few minutes for them to pass.
We also provide rain gear if requested. Lightning or severe weather may require the trip to be rescheduled, as safety is our priority.
- Rods & reels
- Bait & tackle
- Fishing license
- Ice with a cooler on the boat
- Fish cleaning/packing
6 people maximum for fishing, scalloping, and bowfishing charters. We can combine multiple boats/captains for larger parties.
Absolutely! Our fishing and hunting trips are great for the whole family. Just let us know how many children will be on the trip, so we can have the right amount of children’s life jackets.
Nope. Your Captain’s license covers all anglers on the boat for the day.
We do not require a deposit when booking but ask that you please contact us as soon as possible if you need to cancel or reschedule your trip.
Yes! You can pay by cash, personal check, credit card, or Google pay.
Depending on the type of fishing trip, the boat will depart from one of the following marinas in Crystal River:
Your guide will be in contact prior to the trip to plan where/what time to meet.
If you are staying at a local hotel/rental on the water, you can usually be picked up by the boat from your rental.